Victory in Europe Day (VE)
This week we will be learning all about VE Day and why it is so important to us and our history.
On the 8th May 1945 World War II (WWII) came to an end with the surrender of Germany. This brought the end of the 6 year conflict, which officially began on 1st September 1939, when Germany invaded Poland.
Today you will be using your retrieval viper skills to learn all about World War II. Attached is a PowerPoint for you to read, then there are some questions to follow. When answering your questions ensure you are using parts of the question in your answer.
The following questions are based on facts around VE Day. You can either use the PowerPoint to answer the questions or complete your own research to help you answer the questions.
1. On what date was Victory in Europe Day?
2. Why did people wear red, blue and white?
3. Who mingled secretly with the crowds on VE Day?
4. Why did people ring church bells?
5. Where was the place to be on VE Day?
6. How did the nation find out the war was over?