Promoting the Welfare of Children and Young People – Sharing information
Our school is following General Data Protection Regulation and collect, hold, process and share information about pupils, staff and visitors. For detailed information, please see Privacy notices and our GDPR Policy, which are available on school website and printed copy can be requested from the school office.
Why we share pupil information
We do not share information about our pupils with anyone without consent unless the law and our policies allow us to do so.
We share pupils’ data with the Department for Education (DfE) on a statutory basis. This data sharing underpins school funding and educational attainment policy and monitoring.
We are required to share information about our pupils with our local authority (LA) and the Department for Education (DfE) under section 3 of The Education (Information About Individual Pupils) (England) Regulations 2013.
We share information about our pupils with Police and/or Social Services to ensure that we Safeguard our pupils and maintain their welfare and well-being.
We share with the Police and Safeguarding if we feel a child is at risk, without gaining permission.
Who we share pupil information with
We routinely share pupil information with:
· Schools that the pupil’s attend after leaving us
· Our local authority
· The Department for Education (DfE)
· Services commissioned to deliver health and social care services within the boundaries of Staffordshire (including Stoke-on-Trent) – under the “One Staffordshire Information Sharing Protocol”
· School nurse team, via the 0-25 district Hub
· Automated decision making and profiling software, which enable us to project pupils progress with learning and establish their goals